The HG of all sheet masks…. SK II!
It has been sitting in my fridge saved for a special occasion, but I keep forgetting I have it so I am whipping it out before it goes bad.
- It is a thick cotton face sheet. It feels like it is doubled up, but overall not really a great fit for my face. For the price of this sheet mask, it should cover my chin and neck area more.
- I am suppose to leave it on for 15 minutes but no more than 30 minutes. Perfect time to get my meditation on. BRB =)
At the end of my meditation, the app asks us to, “pause for a moment to see how you feel right now…”
- I feel moisturized and glowy. Definitely a winner!
- I felt like the mask still had some juices so I rubbed it all over my body to milk the essence.
Fun Fact: Korean and US guidelines laws for listing ingredients are not the same!
US ingredients on packaging: listed in order of greatest to least in quantity
South Korean ingredients on packaging: listed in no particular order
Keep in mind when looking through skincare products and depending on where they are made, remember that the order of ingredients might not be applicable unless made in the USA.
UPDATE: I have now incorporated sheet masking while meditating to save time and be more efficient =)
Currently trying out this Naruko Tea Tree Shine Control & Blemish Clear Mask because I’m feeling acne prone and it is good for oily skin.
Ingredients are listed as follows: purified water, butylene glycol, ethyl alcohol, hamamelis virginiana extract, transexamic acid, xanthan gum, 2-phenoxyethanol, sodium citrate, chlorphenesin, salicylic acid, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, serenoa serrulate fruit extract, lens esculenta (lentil) seed extract, enantia chlorantha bark extract, sodium hyaluronate, piroctone olamine, kalanchoe spathulata extract*, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract*, scutellaria alpina flower/leaf/stem extract*, peucedanum ostruthium leaf extract*, ginkgo biloba leaf extract*, artemisia umbelliformis extract*, leontopodium alpinum extract*, epilobium fleischeri extract*, calendula officinalis flower extract*, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract*, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, essential oils of tea tree (melaleuca alternifolia), orange (citrus nobilis), spearmint (menta viridis), lemon (citrus limonum), lime (citrus auantifolia), peppermint (metha pipertia), grapefruit (citrus paradise), niaouli (melaleuca viridiflora) *
- The mask is black (the active carbon apparently).
- It feels tingly on my face when I first put it on and kind of dies down to a cool sensation
- It is not moisturizing at ALL. After I took off the mask, I felt super dry and needed my moisturizer ASAP.
- Blemishes looks less inflamed and it felt good for acne-prone skin.
- Also, the sheet mask was kinda hard to pull apart and I almost ripped it so be careful.
- Recommended for acne treatment only
- Follow up with a moisturization routine
I just started this new hobby after some stressful life changing events. Meditation. I have been trying to do it everyday but it is very hard so I just try to do it as much as I can. I was inspired by Sophia Bush after reading an article that she does it and uses this app called Headspace. Basically ten minutes a day it guides you to meditate mindfully.
At first, it was really hard trying to empty my mind, but now I find it very therapeutic and a great way to decompress from life’s struggles and stresses. Any app will do or whatever tool you need to get started. Not trying to sell anything but share my thoughts on my life journey. I read up on meditation and found that it has many benefits healthwise so I feel like it is worthwhile to continue the practice.